The candidate will be required to successfully deliver digital apprenticeships programmes for Infrastructure Technician Level 3 & Network Engineer Level 4 apprentices (and related). All activities should continually meet the needs of employers and apprentices. This is to be in line with NowSkills policies & procedures and requirements of Awarding Organisation, Ofsted, Education & Skills Funding Agency, and any other relevant bodies.
The candidate must be able to demonstrate up-to-date technical competence and knowledge & understanding to be considered for the role, of:
- Designing networks, applying appropriate security products and processes
- Installing and configure network components, including switches, routers and firewalls
- Monitoring, testing and adjusting network systems and performance
- Applying diagnostic tools and techniques to identify the causes of network performance issues
- Troubleshooting network issues and repairing faults in hardware, software products and the network
- System upgrades to network hardware, software and operating systems
- Operating effectively in the business environment and responds to business issues related to network engineering/infrastructure
- IT Security; Remote Infrastructure; Data: Problem-solving; Workflow management
- Deliver high quality training, coaching and assessment to apprentices.
- Inspire, motivate and raise apprentices’ aspirations through their passion for the sector.
- Deliver inductions to new apprentices inclusive of initial assessments, CEIAG and H&S risk assessments on site.
- Conduct regular face-to-face sessions and progress reviews with apprentices and their employers, complemented by eLearning.
- Provide opportunities for apprentices to develop their English, maths and digital skills and knowledge.
- Embed Equality & Diversity, Health & Safety, Safeguarding and Fundamental British Values into training content.
- Adhere to all NowSkills policies & procedures, Education & Skills Funding Agency, Ofsted and Awarding Body requirements.
- Report to the Operations Director to achieve agreed volumes of timely apprentice achievements in line with the business strategy and plans.
- To undertake additional projects and activities to meet the needs of the apprentices, employers and NowSkills.
- Share best practice amongst the Operations Team and attend all internal meetings/training as required.
- Maintaining continued professional development (CPD) and keeping up to date with all industry developments and practices.
Experience and Qualifications
- Industry experience in roles similar to Infrastructure Technician; Network Engineer
- Related qualifications pertaining to the roles of Infrastructure Technician; Network Engineer (such as, but not limited to: Network+; Server+; Security+; MTA Network Fundamentals; MTA Server Admin; ITIL Foundation Level; MTA Cloud Fundamentals)
- A keen interest in education and a passion to train, assess and coach apprentices in their digital careers
- Recognised teaching/training qualification would be desirable, but not essential
- Proven record of working to at least Ofsted Grade 2 standards
- Experience of working with 16-18-year olds would be advantageous
- Working knowledge of Ofsted, ESFA and Awarding Organisation requirements
- Must have excellent administrative skills with the ability to prioritise workloads, work methodically, accurately and effectively under pressure while maintaining a positive attitude
- Resilience and adaptability when dealing with challenge or change, or support apprentice to overcome barriers to career and personal development
- Full driving licence and own transport is essential
- Excellent English, maths and digital skills
There will be a requirement to undergo an enhanced DBS check to undertake this role, and to provide at least two suitable references upon request.
NowSkills is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.