The IS Business Analyst tutor/skills coach candidate will be required to successfully deliver digital apprenticeships programmes for IS Business Analyst Level 4 apprentices (and related). All activities should continually meet the needs of employers and apprentices. This is to be in line with NowSkills policies & procedures and requirements of Awarding Organisation, Ofsted, Education & Skills Funding Agency, and any other relevant bodies.
The candidate must be able to demonstrate up-to-date technical competence and knowledge & understanding to be considered for the role, of:
- Applying structured techniques to investigate wants, needs, problems and opportunities
- Assisting in the recommendation of business and IS changes
- Modelling business situations with clearly-defined boundaries using contemporary modelling techniques and digital modelling tools
- Analysing business process models to identify opportunities for improvement
- Redesigning business process models using different scenarios and different solution models
- Eliciting requirements from stakeholders to identify business and user needs
- Assisting in the management and controlled change of requirements
- Creating data models to illustrate how data is represented within a business system
- Comparing current and future state business situations with a view to developing a roadmap for business improvement
- Defining acceptance tests for business change and IS solutions
- Assessing and documenting the drivers, costs, benefits and impacts of a proposed business change
- Understanding how to conduct internal and external environmental analysis of an industry domain
- Understanding how business change and system development lifecycles work, including the use of appropriate methodologies and impact of organisational culture
- The procedures, tools and techniques that can be used to conduct all stages of IS Business analysis
- The approach to investment appraisal, benefits realisation and management
- The purpose and value of quality assurance techniques
- The role and application of contemporary modelling software and techniques in modelling the current and proposed business processes
- Deliver high quality training, coaching and assessment to apprentices.
- Inspire, motivate and raise apprentices’ aspirations through their passion for the sector.
- Deliver inductions to new apprentices inclusive of initial assessments, CEIAG and H&S risk assessments on site.
- Conduct regular face-to-face sessions and progress reviews with apprentices and their employers, complemented by eLearning.
- Provide opportunities for apprentices to develop their English, maths and digital skills and knowledge.
- Embed Equality & Diversity, Health & Safety, Safeguarding and Fundamental British Values into training content.
- Adhere to all NowSkills policies & procedures, Education & Skills Funding Agency, Ofsted and Awarding Body requirements.
- Report to the Operations Director to achieve agreed volumes of timely apprentice achievements in line with the business strategy and plans.
- To undertake additional projects and activities to meet the needs of the apprentices, employers and NowSkills.
- Share best practice amongst the Operations Team and attend all internal meetings/training as required.
- Maintaining continued professional development (CPD) and keeping up to date with all industry developments and practices.
Experience and Qualifications
- Industry experience in roles similar to IS Business Analyst
- Related qualifications pertaining to the roles of IS Business Analyst
- A keen interest in education and a passion to train, assess and coach apprentices in their digital careers
- Recognised teaching/training qualification would be desirable, but not essential
- Proven record of working to at least Ofsted Grade 2 standards
- Experience of working with 16-18-year olds would be advantageous
- Working knowledge of Ofsted, ESFA and Awarding Organisation requirements
- Must have excellent administrative skills with the ability to prioritise workloads, work methodically, accurately and effectively under pressure while maintaining a positive attitude
- Resilience and adaptability when dealing with challenge or change, or support apprentice to overcome barriers to career and personal development
- Full driving licence and own transport is essential
- Excellent English, maths and digital skills
There will be a requirement to undergo an enhanced DBS check to undertake this role, and to provide at least two suitable references upon request.
NowSkills is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.